Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Banana Bread Protein Pancakes

As someone who is, basically, addicted to food, I am always looking for ways to spice up what I throw down in the kitchen. The most challenging part about my new lifestyle has certainly been the eating portion. I could do physical activity all day!..but the eating - it's a challenge.  See, I have this CRAZY sweet tooth.  It seems to hit me first thing in the morning the worst...or right after dinner.  I find myself waking up immediately wondering what my husband has to eat (Frosted Flakes? Coco Pebbles? COOKIE CRISP?!?) and before I know it the craving hits and I'm half a box into some chocolate monstrosity that claims to be "a great source of fiber".

My other breakfast problem is, simply put, I love breakfast food. I love diner food. Pancakes, waffles, french toast - you know? The things that are great in moderation? Well this girl here doesn't know what a short stack is...she wants the tall stack. Obviously this could greatly affect any chance of someone trying to lead a healthier life (especially if this is a weekly occurance)...until now.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that a friend of her's had this great recipe for banana bread protein pancakes. Intrigued, I made them on Saturday only to find my new favorite breakfast (sorry french toast eggs)!  These things are AMAZING. It cured my sweet tooth, just 2 regular sized cakes were FILLING and kept me full for hours, and the taste was absolutely fabulous.  I recommend trying these today! This recipe made 8 cakes for me, so I have 6 in the freezer to eat some morning when I'm on the run! Let me know what you think!!

What You Will Need

1 cup Quick Oats
1 cup Cottage Cheese (I didn't use cottage cheese..not my thing)
6 Egg Whites
1 Banana
1 TBS Ground Cinnamon
1 TBS Truvia/Stevia
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
Flax Seed (optional)


Combine oats, cottage cheese, egg whites, cinnamon, Truvia, Flax, and Almond Milk into a large bowl.



Mash your banana ( I do this with a fork)

                        
                               Feeling creative that AM...




Combine all ingredients into one large bowl, adding more milk or oats if needed for desired consistency. Pour into heated skillet and cook on either side. Top with sliced bananas and sugar-free maple syrup. Serve with a side of turkey bacon or your favorite fruit!





No comments:

Post a Comment