Tuesday, December 4, 2012

PUSH

Sometimes all you need is a little bit of planning in order to make things work.

This time last year I started reading Chalene Johnson's book, PUSH and was inspired to begin the journey of changing my life. I still have a long way to go until I "get to where I am goin", but I like to think that I have started by covering a great deal of ground in 2012.

I love this book because it teaches you how to lay out your goals, and define your priorities (which, are two different things). It helps you to break those goals down into smaller chunks, which I am all about, and helps you take an alternative view on your life. What I liked most about the book was it encouraged individual behavior, DEPSITE what your "closest friends" might think.

When I started on my journey there were a lot of people who took that as an invitation to speak poorly about me behind me back. "She's all positive now, ugh, it's like shut up, no one cares." or I heard, "You think that everything you do is right" (which...never posted anything like that, but okay..) and then there was the, "Well I'm sorry my life isn't perfect like your's!"

Bottom line is when people see others making a positive change in their life, and they are not yet ready to the same, they will try and bring you back down to their level. They will try and tear down your beliefs, your attitude and get into your head so that you display the kind of negative behavior and thought pattern that they feel comfortable with. To them, leaving their negative way of thinking is way too far out of their comfort zone, and you making the choice and choosing not to be with them in that negative area anymore with them signifies a loss of control in their eyes.

Let them go. Let them be. They will follow you when they are ready.

And if they keep talking, maybe it's time to find new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment