Wednesday, May 16, 2012

And God said, "Let her enjoy french toast!"

One of my weaknesses is french toast - I LOVE FRENCH TOAST! I get it just about every single time I go out to breakfast..made with Texas toast, 3 slices, cut into triangles....with powdered sugar sprinkled on top (that's just how I roll). I think french toast is one of the best foods on the planet.

BUT!

It's not exactly the HEALTHIEST food on the planet, and while an FT splurge a couple of times a year is not going to kill you, over-indulgence will most definitely put all of the hard work you have put into working out in jeopardy.

I decided to do some research on this topic, and here is what I found:

Eat n Park Calories: 419 Fat: 15g Carbs 47.8g Protein 21.5g

Denny's (FT Slam) Calories: 780 Fat: 58 (!!) Carbs: 35g Protein: 21 g

IHOP Calories: 920 Fat: 50g Carbs: 88g Protein: 18g

So depressing...

But there is great news for those of you out there like myself who still want french toast! Introducing french toast eggs! All the joys and deliciousness of french toast with virtually NONE of the calories (that's right! I said virtually none!)


4 Egg Whites
1 Whole Egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a frying pan, either scrambling the eggs or cooking them more in a pancake form.

I prefer mine with 2 slices of turkey bacon and small side of fruit
153 calories, 21 g protein, 2 g carbs, 5 g fat **
now that's money...
Try it out and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! You can also drizzle it with sugar free syrup for an added touch! Takes about 5 minutes to make!
**does not include turkey bacon and grapes

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!! Making these tomorrow :) I think I'm gonna wrap mine in a tortilla with a drizzle of SF syrup.

    ReplyDelete