Saturday, May 12, 2012

Welcome to My Own Little World...

Hello from a Bombshell! My name is Nicole and I am a member of The Bombshell Dynasty, a team of Independent Team Beachbody coaches that spans across the United States. I have been with Team Beachbody since January 2012, and it has been the best decision that I could have made for myself.

I stick out like a sore thumb ;)



Why the blog??
Great question. No, it's not to sell products, it's not to force my beliefs onto you, but it is to invite you to come with me on my journey and perhaps start your own along the way. It's about sharing experiences, difficulties, celebrations, downfalls, and discoveries. It's about entertainment. It's about being a part of my life. It's about learning from my mistakes and taking inspiration from the challenges that I write about.

Throughout this blog I will be documenting my experiences with various workouts, life goals, etc. I will be posting honest accounts of what I am experiencing, as well as ways that I feel I could have done things differently. Hopefully my experiences will help others with their own experiences.

So Why Beachbody?

Why did I become a coach? It's simple, really.

For years I had focused on myself. I focused on the things that were going wrong in my life, I focused on what had happened to me, I focused on how I couldn't turn my life around and finally, one day I realized that my life wasn't going to change itself. It was going to take action on my behalf to start to turn my life around. I began looking at things differently, and while at first I may have not been a driving factor for change, the realization that it was going to take an army of one (me) to turn my life around, and get what I wanted out of life, made me push a little bit harder everyday.

I have always loved fitness. Since I was 5 years old I had been competing in various sports, and found myself to be naturally athletic. What I was missing out of all of those years, and what ultimately stopped me year after year from achieving the results that I wanted from all of that work, was proper nutrition. My friend introduced me to Shakeology, and after falling in love with the product she recommended that I became a coach. At first I was skeptical, like many, and thought that this wasn't going to be for me. Once I realized that this opportunity was my niche, my calling, and what I was put on this world to do, everything changed.

No, I'm not meant to sell products. No, I'm not meant to put on home parties. No, I'm not meant to push my beliefs and values onto others with no regard or respect for their own. That is not what this is about. This is about taking your journey, and opening it up to others to jump in and join you along the way. This is about banning together and ending the trend of obesity through fitness and nutrition. This journey is more than selling products, it is about changing lives.

I always knew that some day, some way I would do something great with my life. Since I was about 16 I have wondered what that "something" was. I had this feeling deep inside, that I was meant for something great, but I seriously had no idea what. I was an average student, I preferred my friends over studies, and I thought, "How am I ever going to get anywhere? I'm not special." This went on through college as I lead myself blindly through a business degree. Then, I stumbled on Organizational Leadership (literally...had no clue what this major was about but figured-whatever. It will get me a degree). They say that God works in mysterious ways, and I'm not here to preach religion, but I think this was one of those times that he intervened. I was meant to be a leader. That degree process is what started me down my path to helping others, to focusing on a good that is not self-centered, and to my ultimate happiness. I might make a ton of money in this business, be able to move away, and never have to go back to my "real" job; I might make a bit of extra money, but still have to work-but the one thing that is GUARANTEED in this job is that I am doing something that I LOVE every single day. I go to bed feeling fulfilled, feeling accomplished, and feeling truly needed in the lives of others. I know that what I do makes a difference.

So, I hope you enjoy my writing. I am not the grammar police, I make mistakes, and quite honestly those types of things do not bother me. I'm also new to this particular site so while my blog is a bit "naked" right now, I do hope to make it something special down the road. Feel free to "follow" me, or contact me with any questions or comments that you may have at Nik4213@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment