Monday, September 9, 2013

Body Beast for Women: Week 1 Overview

I have successfully completed my first week of the Body Beast Lean Beast schedule. At first, I thought that I wouldn't care for this exercise DVD and this would be the longest 90 days of my life, but here we are at the end of week 1 and it flew by!

In addition, so far I do LOVE the program! I'm not sure what it is about weight lifting, but it seems to go by a lot quicker than cardio for some reason (and I'm sure some will disagree with me there). This week has been especially challenging because at the same time I am doing work for grad school, working overtime, and learning my tracks for Body Combat certification next week; however, in order to get around all of those hurdles I am waking up an hour earlier in the morning and just getting it done. Sagi says, "Whatever it takes" and while at first that waking up early thing sucked, I'm just fine with it now.

The workouts are not hard, but they are wonderfully diverse. I have done P90X and ChaLEAN Extreme and was never disappointed in the way that each of those workouts introduced new moves that I had never done before. While I have done all of the moves in Body Beast, as they are currently fairly basic, Sagi does stack them in a way where the challenge for the muscles is something completely new to me. I love the way that the "super sets" and "giant sets" really challenge me both physically and mentally. To me, that's what a good workout is all about.

Saying that the moves thus far are basic is not to discredit the program by any means! I have yet to meet a workout that did not give me that awesome muscle shake at the end of it, that did not leave me sore the next day, or that did not challenge my own strength. Every day I am challenged, and each day I can feel myself growing stronger.

I'm really excited to see where this program ends up taking me. So far, I actually look forward to it each morning and it starts the day off on a positive foot. Stay tuned for more weekly updates, progress photos, tips and tricks! Have questions for me? Feel free to email me at nik4213@gmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment