Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

If there is one thing that I LOVE around this time of year, it is anything with pumpkin in it. I become a pumpkin FIEND. In my opinion there is nothing better than the taste of pumpkin: that mix of spices, cinnamon..it just tastes like Fall. The only thing better would be if I could combine it with one of my favorite foods: Pancakes

Oh but wait....I did. And it is SO simple!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1-1/4 cups almond milk
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar (optional. I did not use)
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  •  1-2 scoops vanilla Whey protein powder (depending on how much protein you want)
  •  
    Preparation
     
    Mix the Bisquick, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Then add in the pumpkin, and finally the protein powder. You may need to add a bit of water, or a bit more Bisquick depending on if your mixture is too watery or too thick.  Drop 2 spoonfuls per pancake onto a greased griddle and flip when sides look dry and top is bubbly.
     
    And that's it! Top it with some sugar free syrup, raw honey, or Agave and you are good to go!
     
    Yields 10-12 hearty pancakes


    No comments:

    Post a Comment