Thursday, June 28, 2012

C'Mon Get Happyy!

I used to want to smack happy-go-lucky people. Seriously. You laugh, but you know you have felt/still feel the same way. I would look at them and say, "What are they so happy about? Must be nice to have no problems. You want to hear problems? I got problems.." And I trudged around like this day after day, making snide comments about these types of people and ignoring the cry from inside that I wanted to be one of them.

I wanted to be happy. I wanted to love every minute of life. I wanted to turn negatives into positives..but who was I to do that? I was just a girl going through some tough things that many don't EVER experience in their life at the age of 23, working my way further and further into the trenches of a drinking problem (that I admit was a problem, now, but back then I was in total denial) and just felt completely detached from the world more and more everyday.

I sought "treatment"..naturally..because that's what you do, right? Go the doctor, they prescribe you some crap to make you feel happy, and you're good to go! Well I didn't want the artificial happiness...I wanted the true kind. The kind that you can only find through yourself, and nowhere else.

Look, I'm not going to sit here and say that it's easy to find happiness every.single.day.  Days are hard, life is hard, but what you choose to do with your days can be easy. I'm not saying choose to skip out on work today and go to the beach just because that is what would make you happy (but if you DO decide to do that..please invite me), but choosing to take the high road, choosing to put a smile on your face, choosing to find a WAY to laugh when everything inside you wants to throw something across the room, is easy to do. Don't believe me?



Honestly..can you tell me that did not make you smile, or laugh? Did you know that just the ACT of smiling or laughing can brighten your mood?  So let's keep going with this...



aaand one of my personal favorites...



I mean seriously...it's that easy.

Look, I'm not a happy-go-lucky freak now because I have it all, because I have money, because my life is perfect, or any of those things! Trust me...NONE OF IT IS TRUE!! And I truly believe that none of that is true for any of my fellow bubbly individuals.  We are happy because we are CHOOSING to be happy. Stop it. Stop giving the same excuses I used in the first paragraph..because they are crap. Yes, I said it: crap.

Bottom line is-we all have problems...some much bigger than others, but we all have them. The question isn't how you react to those problems, because we all need to just "let it out" every now and again..the question is how do you make the effort to combat those negative feelings? How do you CHOOSE to be happy or miserable? Those three pictures above are things that I look for at work when I reach that "I can't take anymore today!!" moment. I give myself a break, go look at some funny junk out on the internet, get a nice laugh, and then I move on. Think about it: has your pissiness EVER made a situation go away or get better? Doubtful. Has a good attitude ever eased the burden of negative news? Have you ever consciously "Put on a a happy face" in order for people to not realize how you were really feeling...only to completely forget that you were miserable to begin with? Happiness has a powerful effect. And when you start to CHOOSE to be happy, you are CHOOSING to make the most of your life. The rest will just fall into place :)

Try some of these to turn your days around:
Watch a short YouTube clip of your favorite comedian. Dane Cook's "Kool Aid Man" always makes me smile "Naughty, naughty, kool aid!"

Put on some old school songs that "take you back" Ahh! Just push it!

Look at funny images on the internet

Pull up photos of places that make you smile. I surround myself with pictures of the beach and mentally go there everytime I need a break.

Take a walk. Even a short walk will release some endorphins!

Stretch It releases stress

Dance. Just do it. Especially if you're at home sulking alone. You are the only one there to judge yourself!

Sing at the top of your lungs ....Windows down or up is optional just consider those around you. Not everyone wants to hear your rendition of Journey's Don't Stop Believin'

Call a friend

Bitch it out.  Sometimes it's good to just let it all out there..it makes you feel 100 lbs lighter!

Youtube search the following: funny babies, funny pets, pranks gone wrong, funny pranks, Jenna Marbles (love her!), bad karaoke, grandmas dancing, ultimate fail

Stay the hell away from negative people! Moods are contageous....their misery should not be your misery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment