Friday, May 17, 2013

The Best Protein Shake EVER!

If there is one thing that Insanity has provided me with (besides a lot of sweat and more laundry to do), it is some DELICIOUS meals from the nutrition plan.  During my time with the program, I plan on spotlighting a new recipe out of the plan that I LOVE every Friday!

This week's is a protein shake. Now, I have done every kind of protein you can think of and I hate the after taste of protein. I swear, it doesn't matter what brand I am using, I can always taste protein powder taste...I don't know what it is, it is just always THERE!  This was the first shake that I made that I did NOT taste the powder, thus making me love it even more! (and the color is pretty too!) Not only is this shake jam-packed with fruit, but it holds a great "summery" taste and keeps you full for about 2-2 1/2 hours making it that perfect morning snack between breakfast and lunch. If you try it out, leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Vanilla-Berry Protein Shake

1 cup nonfat milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)

1 scoop Beachbody Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla (or whatever protein powder you prefer)

1/2 cup berries, fresh or frozen

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 medium banana, cut into chunks

1/2 cup ice.

Place everything into a blender, blend, and enjoy!

Calories: 293
Fat: 3g
Sodium 176mg
Carbs: 42g
Fiber: 6g
Sugar: 31g
Protein: 28g

No comments:

Post a Comment