Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ultimate Reset: Day 6 & 7

Not much to report with Days 6 & 7 of the Ultimate Reset besides the fact that they were worlds better than Day 5. Ugh. I will admit though, at this point in time I am getting really sick of microgreen salad ahaha, but I plan on making the creamy garlic dressing which I think is going to help flip my tastes buds around and make things interesting again.

Day 6 I actually found myself substituting a breakfast meal in for a dinner meal(which you can do, but it probably shouldn't be the high fruit breakfasts). It was just one of those days where it would have been easier to call for a pizza. I had leftover beans and rice to do the wrap, which was the plan all day long until I got home, took my supplements and my husband happened to mention that the wraps were now gone (he used the last two for his lunch). Just one of those days where I wanted my wrap all day so having just the beans and rice wasn't going to cut it for me, and at that point I didn't want to spend time chopping and cooking so I took out two eggs and did the scrambled eggs with spinach and toast. Since it was my dinner I added in some chopped chicken, about 1/4 cup, for some added protein and chickeny goodness. It filled me up and left me satisfied. No complaints there!

Day 7...WOOHOO END OF WEEK 1 and what a surprise I got when I stepped on the scale! I lost just about 7 pounds which I was NOT expecting (but yes, secretly hoping that darn scale would move). I would love to lose some weight on The Reset but the real reason I am doing it is for knowledge purposes. I am a real emotional eater so for me this is a challenge and a battle against emotional eating. I just don't want to do it anymore! I want to be able to enjoy the foods that I enjoy in moderation and not stuff my face every time I have pizza like its the last time I'm going to have it in my life! Hopefully by the end of the 21 days I'll be able to do that.

For now I am happy with what I am learning. Water consumption is up to about 10-12 glasses per day, which is way way more than I am used to but I am loving it! My stomach bloat seems to have gone away, I feel happy (most of the time..there are some mood swings in there), and I haven't had coffee in about 13 days and I feel amazing! I may never go back to a coffee habit! We'll see!

Be sure to check back on Friday for a recap of Days 8 & 9. I will be doing this blog in 2 day recaps now, unless one day is just out of this world different.





No comments:

Post a Comment