Friday, July 12, 2013

Low Cal Pina Colada

If you love pina coladas, clap your hands!

One of my favorite drinks in the summertime and while on vacation is the Pina Colada.  The smooth, pinapply, coconutty icey concoction is definitely a go to drink of mine while I'm at the beach, but WOW are they bad for you!  I definitely reserve these for "vacation only" if I am going to go "all out" with them and just order from the menu. But if the mood strikes you while you are at home, here is a scaled back (but just as delicious) version for you to try:

1 1/2 ounces Coconut-flavored rum (I prefer Cruzan)

3 ounces pinapple juice

4 ounces sparkling water

1 TBS of Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut Lite (found in your grocer's freezer)

Blend with ice and enjoy!

You're welcome :)

OH BUT WAIT! Yes, just wait...I have a Shakeology version of the same thing!!! WHO KNEW!

1 pack of Vanilla Shakeology
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup 100% pineapple juice
1/2 tsp. pure coconut abstract

One of my FAVORITES to have if I am longing for the beach but stuck going into work.


No comments:

Post a Comment