Monday, July 15, 2013

"Secrets" of Fit People: Part 2

Last week I went over 5 "secrets" of fit people, and promised you 5 more to give you 10 awesome secrets that you can start practicing today for a healthier and fitter life.

Continuing on:

6) Always carry a water bottle: Water is your go-to drink at any time. Carry a bottle with you, a cute tumbler, something that you can always refill when needed. Often times when we think we are hungry, we are really just thirsty. So sip away! 8 glasses a day should be your goal. At first you might pee all the time (true story), but soon your body will get used to it and those bathroom breaks will become less frequent

7) Live in the moment of the great feeling you get after finishing a workout: This feeling will keep you coming back for more, and if your workout is challenging enough it will be better than any high you have ever experienced. Seriously, there is no better feeling than an endorphin high. Remember ladies, in the words of our beloved Elle Woods, "Exercise creates endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't just kill their husbands!" Stay sane ;)

8) Switch it up: Nothing is worse than when something that once brought you enjoyment starts to bore you. So that this does not happen, be sure that you are always switching up your workouts. Even some of Beachbody's programs can get to be a a little much once you are about 50 days in, so even then...take a day to pop in a different DVD, go for a walk in the woods, or a jog through the park. Not only does it benefit your body to keep it guessing, but it's good for the mind and keeps you entertained and coming back tomorrow for more.

9) Go SHOPPING! Yes, ladies, I give you permission. Fit people don't reward themselves with food (we are well aware that we aren't dogs), we reward ourselves with nerdy fitness gadgets, clothes, shoes and anything that helps us be even more swag-tastic as we get our sweat on. I am guilty of purchasing tanks that have sassy sayings on them, and if a shoe looks good, I buy it. Not only does this make me feel a bit obligated to workout (because I just spent however much on this stuff), but it's like getting dressed for your first day of school. Couldn't be more excited to show off your new digs.

10) Learn that a tired body doesn't mean you quit: So many people that I work with begin to feel fatigued, or realize their heart rate has increase, or hear themselves breathing and view that as a sign to scale back with their intensity. It is as if they are going to push themselves too far, but I assure you, you probably will not push yourself to death. Next time you get tired, do a big exhale so you can get some fresh oxygen into your lungs and instead of focusing on how tired you are, keep just saying, "I can, I can, I can" until you reach your goal with the workout. Maybe it's one more mile, or one more rep...whatever it is, just keep repeating "I can" and don't stop until you get there. It's at those points of a workout when you break through those mental barriers that you set up for yourself that you see results, grow stronger, and move into new realms of your workout. So don't quit! Consider it your starting point and hop to! Chop! Chop!

And those are my secrets! It's nothing you probably didn't already figure out. The question now is, are you going to use any of them? Have any of these worked for you? I want to know! Leave me a message!

Want my help? Then let me know about it! Make me your free coach here, and let's get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment